ANDHRA MEDICAL COLLEGE RESEARCH FORUM
Research Forum Committee :
Chairman of AMC Research Forum
Prof and HOD Pathology
2.Dr.Devi Madhavi , Secretary , Prof of Community Medicine
3.Dr.G.Buchi Raju , Treasurer , Prof of Neurology
AIMS of AMC Research Forum
1. To bring in research ambience among the faculty members, U.G and P.G. Students
2. To create an awareness regarding the research work carried out by fellow researcher in a department/school to facilitate collaborative research
3. To motivate interdisciplinary research proposals to funding agencies
5. To Recognize best research students and faculty for encouragement with medals to enhance better future.
1.Research works : Total number of Research publications in national and international Journals from faculty members of Andhra Medical College and King George Hospital for the last three years : 350 (2014 to till date),
2. Dr E.Peda Verraju Medal in diagnostic wings post graduate students to encourage research culture among PG students. –
3.Dr.Kuppachi Krishna Murthy Memorial Medal for the Best PG Research Paper in Medicine & Allied Specialities
Dr E.Peda Verraju Medal awardees in diagnostic wings post graduate students to encourage research culture among PG students.
MEDAL 2016 to Pathology PG: Dr.R.MANASA MEDAL 2017 to Pathology PG: Dr.P.SREEVALLI
Andhra Medical College Research forum has conducted a competition for awarding Dr.Peda Veeraju Gold Medal for Best Post Graduate research paper for investigate Mediciene. For this competition 6 research papers from Microbiology ,Pathology and Radio-diagnosis have taken part. Dr.P.A.Jayakar former Professor & HOD of Microbiology,Dr.Ramalakshmi,Former Professor & HOD of Pathology and Dr.K.Suman,Senior Radiologist acted as judges to adjudicate the presented research papers. The research paper of Dr.Kusumanchi NM Manikumari a Post Graduate of Pathology has won the Dr.Peda Veeraju Gold Medal.This Medal was instituted by Dr.E.Pedaveeraju, Former Professor & HoD of Gastroenterology, Andhra Medical College and a renowned Gastroenterologist to encourage research in Andhra Medical College which will benefit the general public at large. Dr.P.V.Sudhakar,Principal. Andhra Medical College has presided over the Programme. Dr.A.Bhagyalakshmi, Professor & HOD of Pathology and President of Andhra Medical College Research forum and Dr.B.Devi Madhavi ,Professor and HOD of Community Medicine and Secretary of Andhra Medical College Research forum were present. PGs and Faculty of various departments attended the Programme.